Sunday, July 15, 2007

Overdue Guilt

Tomorrow I start my new job as a library clerk. I am very excited, but I am also filled with a terrible fear that the Library Mafia has somehow tipped off the folks at my new place of employment that I am a repeat offender, an unregenerate late-returner who shamelessly lets her fines accumulate until they reach $5.oo and I am no longer allowed to take anything out. At which point I fork over the dough and search frantically through my messy room until I find the items in question. I'm afraid I will be met at the door by the library equivalent of a bouncer and tossed out on my ear or, even worse, forced to wear a scarlet O on my chest until I have repented.

In other news...I have made a vow to reread the entire Harry Potter series before Saturday. Who needs sleep anyway?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home