Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Phones and Faith in Humanity

Last Thursday, I lost my cell phone. It was midnight and I'd consumed more Tanqueray and tonic than was strictly good for me, but even in my drunken stupor I knew that losing my phone was a bad thing. So I called my number and when a gentleman picked up, I demanded ,"Do you have my phone?And are you going to give it BACK?" and a weary but kind voice assured me that yes he did and yes he would and where would I like him to leave it?I apologized profusely for my rudeness, asked him to return it to the T station where I lost it, and went to sleep, secure in the knowledge that my phone was in good hands.
That was 6 days ago. I've been calling every day. No phone. Today I caved and paid a small fortune to replace it. But I'm still hoping. Hoping it'll get returned before my 14 day window to return phone #2 is up and that my hitherto untarnished faith in The Goodness of Random People who find Lost Stuff will be restored.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home